Dermal fillers are a soft injectable gel consisting of stabilized, non-animal hyaluronic acid. The gel is tissue-friendly and closely resembles the hyaluronic acid that exists naturally in the body.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
Dermal filler injections provide an effective way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, smooth the skin and give a more youthful appearance. They add volume to your face, plump up fine lines and folds that gradually appear on your face and neck overtime. The result of a single treatment can be seen instantly. Dermal filler injections can give natural looking results.
What are the side effects?
Short term side effects can include redness, swelling, pain, itching, bruising or tenderness at the injection site, these can be relieved with a cold compress, paracetamol and arnica cream if you have no allergies. Lips can be particularly sensitive and swelling. There is no evidence to date of any long-term safety concerns associated with the treatment, as the body naturally metabolises the product over time.
Are Dermal Fillers safe?
There are many Dermal Fillers on the market. Candy Pampering only use trusted and reputable Dermal Fillers with high safety profiles obtained from a pharmacy. We use fillers which are the most scientifically documented HA based with comprehensive studies that support their safety and efficacy. Restylane in particular has been used in over 10 million treatments worldwide during the last twelve years. Dermal Filler’s resemble the body’s own hyaluronic acid, which reduces the risk of allergic reaction.
Is it permanent?
It is long-lasting but not permanent. The body breaks the hyaluronic acid down over time.
They last average 6-12 months before a smaller amount may be required to keep the skin looking ‘plump’.
When will I see the result?
You will see results instantly; however there may be slight swelling initially due to the trauma of the needle work which will resolve itself over 4-7 days.
Does the procedure hurt?
Each persons pain threshold varies, however a very strong topical anaesthetic cream is applied 20 minutes before the procedure.
Who will carry out my procedure?
At Candy Pampering we have a fully qualified , insured, Harley street trained aesthetics NMC registered midwife and a GMC Registered doctor carrying out your treatment.
What does the procedure consist of?
A full medical consultation takes place with a qualified medical professional who will go through your medical background to determine if you are compatible to have dermal fillers. You will be treated in a clinically safe and hygienic environment. You will be asked to sit/lie on a couch and made comfortable. Your skin will be prepared and cleansed and a numbing cream will be applied. You will discuss with the nurse what look you are trying to achieve and a determination will be made as to how much and where the product will be placed. Any questions are answered. The procedure then only takes 10-15 minutes. You will be given after-care advice and details of what to expect following treatment.
What should I do after the procedure?
- Use piriton (anti histamine) to reduce any swelling, swelling peaks over a 24/48 period and then reduces to what will be the final result.
- Do not use a sun bed for 7 days post treatment.
- To combat any bruising apply arnica cream to the area which can be purchased over the counter at any pharmacy.
- Do not apply make up to the area for 24 hours or rub/massage the area for this duration.
- Do not apply scented lotion or face creams near the area for 24 hours.
- Use paracetamol only if any mild pain is felt afterwards.
- Do not consume alcohol for 24 pre treatment and 48 hours post treatment.
- With any injections into the skin with dermal filler, lumpiness can occur so after an initial 24 hour period, massage the areas between thumb and forefinger.
What are the risks?
- If you have a history of cold sores, the likelyhood of an outbreak is high. An anti-herpes treatment will be advised to hopefully stop this happening. There is always a risk of an allergic reaction, but this is extremely rare. There is also a risk of infection, this is why it is vital to be treated in a clinically safe environment where stringent sterile precautions can be taken and its absolutely necessary to follow the after-care instructions which will be given to you.
- Lumps are very common and can be due to bruises, which will resolve.
The product may have been injected with a larger deposit in one area, or the product may have moved to create a large deposit in an area. This will resolve nearly all the time.
Lumpiness is very common to feel in your skin in the days after injection of dermal filler into the face, including the upper lip body and the cheeks and the chin area and along wrinkles and folds when injected to lift these. It will usually resolve within a couple of weeks.
Who cannot have Dermal Fillers?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- Anyone with a previous allergic reaction to a Dermal Filler or someone with a allergy to Lidocain (often added to fillers for the comfort of client).
0.5ml – £125 – £160
1ml – £150 – £210
1.5ml – £225 – £300
1ml Cheek Fillers £290
1ml Chin Fillers £250
1ml Jaw Fillers £250
1ml Marionette Lines £150
1ml Nasolibial Folds £150
1ml Rhinoplasty (Nose Fillers) £400
1ml Tear Trough £250
These include consultation, treatment, aftercare and 3-4 week review if required.
* A Small Non-Refundable Deposit of £1.50 to secure your appointment when booking online.
Please read our Terms & Conditions